29 June 2010

. . . wish it was Sunday

Today may not be Monday, but my Monday was so manic it bled over onto today. Getting the house ready for me to be a working Mommy and also be ready for the party on the Fourth has been an ordeal. On the plus side, the house is starting to look GREAT! I have finished the living room, dining room, and the boys' room. The kitchen is almost done, I just have a few odds and ends to put away. The hallway is likewise almost done, I just need to dust picture frames. Our room needs a bit more work, but I can only do so much until D builds me a closet. The playroom is my biggest hurdle indoors, and even it doesn't need much. I have to put some books up and dust, and J needs to finish putting away a few toys. Outdoors, I need to finish weeding the vegetable garden, weed the herb garden, and prep the flower beds for mulch. Then I am done! D will be off on Friday while I work (that still seems strange!), so he is mulching all day.

J started ESP yesterday at school, for about half a day. I was going to feed him breakfast at home today (breakfast and lunch are included in ESP fees), but he got up while I was working on my room and packed his snack for ESP and asked if he could eat at school. So he was at ESP at 7:30 this morning! Luckily, that's what time I need to be getting him there so I have time to find a parking spot and get to my office (strange!). He LOVES ESP, and they have a field trip for Friday to go see Toy Story 3, so that will make his week even better. I'm so glad he's enjoying it, because I was very worried that this transition was going to be difficult. Having him at school let me get so much accomplished over the last two days, and lets me spend time with him when he's home.

I went and got some clothes for work earlier, and now I'm ready for a nap. My body is convinced it's 5:00 or so, even though it's really only 1:30. I guess I'm going to go work on the house some more. . . may as well, since I've got time to kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment