15 June 2010

Lost: husband

I like to be upbeat. I like to be positive. Sometimes that's hard to do, especially when surrounded by negativity. That's been happening a lot lately.

D has been, well, depressed lately. I understand why. I get it. But I've been working my tail off and he doesn't seem to notice or care. I've felt for a while now (since well before his mother was diagnosed with cancer) that our relationship was becoming one sided. I seem to give and he gets to take. Hardly fair or even. And I try to be the wife God tells me to be, but not getting anything in return isn't part of the marriage plan. I'm not looking for an award or even help. I'm looking for a foot rub at the end of a long day working while he sits on the couch and plays a computer game. I'm looking to cuddle after a long day of cleaning and taking care of his mother. I'm looking for an 'I love you' and a kiss at least once during the day. I'm looking for my husband!

That's all I've got for now. I'm too irritated to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment