03 July 2010

brief update

I will try to post longer on Monday or Tuesday, but just a brief update: I like my job. The campus is all Pepsi, but I found one little quick mart that sells Coke - and it's right next door!

This weekend is going to be crazy. We've got our annual Fourth of July party Sunday, so we're getting everything ready for it today. D's aunt and uncle from Texas, cousin from VA, and grandfather from KY are all in town and coming to the party this year. With all of them here, his aunt and uncle in Nashville will likely join as well.

Side note on his mom: she's had one chemo treatment, and it is working. The doctor confirmed that the cancer is shrinking. YAY! Thank you, God! The bad news is that, either from stress of worrying about it happening or the chemo itself, her hair has started to fall out. She has been very worried about this since she was diagnosed, even though the doctors and techs all told her it may not happen and didn't typically start to happen until after the second treatment (which will be Tuesday for her).

I think I broke my toe at work. It was throbbing all night long and kept me from sleeping (hence why I'm blogging at 7:30 on Saturday morning). We'll see.

Unfortunately, I have work to do to get the house in shape. And I already want a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment