01 December 2010

Hell Hath Frozen Over

So, it's been a while....

Let's see. . . got a job. I'm about to be too smart for my job. I am too logical for my job, and I regularly use too much common sense for my job. We'll see what happens. The good thing is my bosses are also logical, smart, common sense-having people. It's my coworkers that aren't always those things.

We are taking our first family vacation that is just the four of us and no one else. Typically what happens is D and C go somewhere with D's parents, or just C goes with them. J and I go with my parents. Occasionally we all go with D's parents. But, in the SEVEN years we have been married, we have never gone anywhere just us... so this will be nice. We are taking the kids to Williamsburg, Virginia. I'm super excited. I've been once and absolutely loved it. D and the kids have never been. I'm excited because the last time I went was a middle school class trip, so it's going to be new to me too. And we are going for Christmas when everything is decorated, so it will be beautiful. My cousin works for a hotel chain and was nice enough to get me his rate for our hotel room. He had one problem - the hotels in Williamsburg were booked, so he had to get us a suite about 30 minutes outside of Williamsburg... ON THE BEACH. Too cool! We're going to do Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and Busch Gardens.

There are so many things on my heart that I should be posting about, but, at the end of the day, I just want to seal it off and not dredge it all up again. I find myself compulsively looking at photos on Facebook and blogs of wonderful people I know and tearing up at work because my heart just aches for them and what they are going through right now. I read about my friend from church, whom I've known for years, and her struggle with cancer and it appears to be nearing it's end. I see pictures of her children who are around J's age and my heart breaks. I read about J's friend (who is the child of my friend) and his fight with leukemia and anything I do or think of doing just seems so inadequate and stupid. My heart is hurting so deeply for these wonderful people and I find myself in constant prayer for them.

I feel so torn, especially lately, because of working. I am missing out on things I feel I should be present for in the lives of those I care about. I don't like being a grown-up! To quote one of my best friends from high school, "I quit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment