29 June 2009

Just Another Manic Monday. . .

wish it were (next) Sunday.

The countdown has officially begun - five days until our party. Seemed like a long time, until I starting making my to-do list. Sheesh!

Today's agenda includes weeding the big flower bed, repotting flowers and setting them out in the beds of ground cover, and laundry.

So far (before lunch), I've weeded 1/3 of the bed, transplanted lots of ground cover that needed thinning out, and started one load to wash. I've also uploaded three videos to Facebook, and several new pictures from yesterday.

(and, in the interest of being a healthier person, I did NOT eat a Donut Country donut with the boys this morning. . . I just drank Dr Pepper.)

J has been my helper today. He has scrubbed both bird baths, helped weed, and helped plant. His (requested) reward was "sugar cereal" (Cinnamon Toast Crunch) for lunch.

C stayed inside, not doing anything helpful. D's mom just came to pick him up so she could take him and K to the library. . . she's mad at us because we wouldn't let C spend the night last night. I suspect he'll be spending the night over there tonight so they can all go to the movie tomorrow. Whatever.


In other updates, D and I have been rewatching a favorite mini-series of ours, Band of Brothers. If you have any interest in WWII, I encourage you to watch it. We LOVE it.

Once we finish it, we have the first two seasons of Roswell on DVD to watch. Don't know anything about it, so we'll see how we like it. I was also able to download (for free!) the pilot episode of Arrested Development, which I've been told is worth watching. So we'll see. I've got it on my iPod now, so the next time I'm in the car and not driving (lol) I'll get to watch it. Perhaps on the drive to take C to camp next weekend.

Well, lunch break's over. Time to get back outside and work on my tan. I doubt my neighbors think I own any shirts - they always see me outside in sports bras and bikini tops during the summer. LOL

1 comment: