30 December 2009

Last Rant of 2009

I was sick. I had the flu for ten days. I should have been hospitalized. I did not eat for ten days. I have lost lots of weight. I have also lost energy.
J took care of me while I was sick. C was in North Carolina, and D, well, D is why I'm ranting. (the day count is just the days I'm ranting, not of illness)
Day 1: D and J go to assemble furniture for friends. Gone 7 hours. I was in the throes of massive chills, so I did not get out of bed, so no eating or drinking.
Day 2: D goes to work for 9 hours. I don't mind that. But when he gets home and I'm running 103.7, I think taking care of me might have been more prudent than sitting in the living room playing video games with the neighbor while J is in bed with me trying to get me warm and to drink.
Day 3: D works 9 hours, then takes J to a basketball game, leaving me in bed alone again for another 2 hours or so.
Day 4: I wake up at 3:30 puking and it doesnt stop. I end up keeping a Phenergan down and sleeping on the bathroom floor. J finds me. J also is the one who brought me water. D works 9 hours. J has church, and D leaves FIRST to go Christmas shopping with his mother. They go to nine stores and then to Ruby Tuesdays to eat. J was home two hours before D was.
Day 5: Christmas Eve. D works 4 hours. I make it to the couch with J's help. I get guilted by D into attending my parents' Christmas dinner and gift giving. We go, I don't eat, I puke, we open gifts which I promptly forget, and I puke again. D gets mad at me for something my sister did, and we leave. We go home, I puke some more, J and I go to bed, D goes to play video games.
Day 6: Christmas Day. I puke. We open presents. We have no tree. J is super happy with his. I am happy with mine. d seems happy with his. We go to his parents', hoping to miss the food to avoid puking. They waited for us. How nice. I take a nap while they eat. We open gifts. I forget mine. We come home and actually spend the day together.

And now I'm being guilted for the house not being clean. Seriously? I'm being nice. It's hard, but I'm being nice.

Anyway, needed to rant. Wanted it off my chest in 2009 so I don't take it in to 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment