05 September 2009

It's a Great Day to be Alive

Despite the fact that D left first thing this morning for KY, it has still be a wonderful day. J and I have been home all day, and done absolutely nothing worthwhile. We have read Curious George and WALL-E, we have watched 3-2-1 Penguins! and Transformers. We have colored, and played, and built with blocks. Right now, we are in my bed, in our pajamas, and he is reading while I write and we listen to the Vandy-Western Carolina game on the radio.

I was able to get one 1000 word article written and submitted (YAY!), and will post a link when it is published. While I hate to ruin the surprise (HA!), I'll tell you the topic - the role of the wife in a medieval marriage. Yes, I know - riveting. I actually had to edit it extensively to cut it down to the maximum word count. I am currently writing a couple of book reviews, and am struggling to meet the minimum word count. I think they are harder to write because I don't want to give anything away. I plan to do some more on medieval life, since I have spent so many years studying it. I may even show just how much of a nerd I am and do some on King Arthur. (LOL)

Tomorrow will, sadly, need to be a more productive day. . . but J is so excited to help me clean out the barn. Maybe we can get that done and get some of the stuff inside finished too.

No comments:

Post a Comment