06 May 2010

I'm twitterpated

Just like Flower (Bambi, 1942), I'm "twitterpated." I am in love with the changes I have made recently. I am in love with my family. And, yes, I am in love with Twitter. I now Tweet.

The changes I have made recently:
- cooking in my two crock pots on busy days so that we come home to a meal, rather than stopping and picking up a $5 hot-and-ready pizza from Little "tweezers."
- not caring about the tidiness of the boys' room so long as the clothes are put away.
- not finding things the boys lose by not being tidy.
- using a clothesline instead of the dryer (HUGE difference in electric usage!)
- going to bed at the same time each night.
- reorganizing my iPhone so that each screen of icons is useful to ME and no one else.
- bringing fresh cut flowers from my gardens into the living and dining rooms so I can see and smell them.
- boxing up clothes that D and I no longer wear, either to donate to flood victims or sell in a yard sale.
- insisting that C's prescriptions be switched from name-brand to the lest costly (and more accurate!) generics.

My family:
- J thinks I am "hot, hot, hot!" (once we explained to C that "hot" means "sexy") scary, but sweet.
- C, upon discovering he will be spending all summer with his mother, began complaining and actually being a nice child again around here. It reminded me why I like him. :-)
- D has finally caught on and started being a father to BOTH of his sons, and even going so far as to expect the same level of respect and responsibility from both of them. In addition, he is standing up for me to both of our families more now, which is huge.

Twitter:
- I just signed up yesterday. You can follow me http://twitter.com/VandyMAC


No comments:

Post a Comment